Please be Steven’s voice in the free world, and spread the word about the conundrum that is his case:The prosecution shamelessly lied without basis about Steven’s past. All witness testimonies consisted of hearsay which is inadmissible in court. Witnesses recanted their well-coordinated hearsay testimonies. Some witnesses were paid to testify, others were threatened.
There is no physical evidence that ties Steven to the crime scene, and Steven has disproved the court’s only physical evidence used against him: The prosecution presented a latex glove that they claimed had his DNA on it. Knowing this isn’t possible, Steven demanded that the glove be tested.
The DNA on the glove did not match Steven’s DNA. This glove was stricken from the protocol by the sentencing judge, to ensure that Steven would not use it as exonerating evidence in his appeals.
Three months after Steven’s wrongful conviction, a man named Marcus Rhodes stood up in court and took full responsibility for knowingly & intentionally murdering both victims. His fingerprints were on the weapons, his car was littered with shell casings, the guns were registered under his name and found hidden, under his bed. Both victims’ backpacks were found in Marcus’ trunk. Under a plea bargain Marcus had also admitted that he had murdered a man in California 2 months prior.
Marcus, the murderer got life in prison…
.. While Steven remained on death row.
All the evidence clearly solidifies that Steven Woods did not kill the two victims. There is no evidence or testimony that points out that Steven anticipated/knew of/conspired these murders in any way, and a lack of motive confirms this.
So why is Steven Woods going to die?
This is a question we must ask ourselves, as well as Texas Gov. Rick Perry and the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
Please help- this could happen to anyone.
- page: www.facebook.com/savesteven
- profile: www.facebook.com/savestevenwoods
- Steven’s blogs: www.SaveSteven.info
UPDATE – JULY 19 2011:
Steven’s friend, Larry Swearingen is scheduled to be executed Aug. 18 2011
- See evidence of his innocence at www.Larry-Swearigen.com
- The court acknowledged Larry’s innocence, but said that he would have to stay on death row, regardless. (click here for confirmation from a district judge. See page 10)
Please visit our friends’ websites:
- the DRIVE movement
- Abolition UK
- Death Penalty Action Network (facebook)
- Minutes Before Six – A Death Row Blog
UPDATE – JUNE 1 2011:
AFTER 9 YEARS ON DEATH ROW, THE U.S. SUPREME COURT DENIED STEVEN WOODS’ FINAL APPEAL.
STEVE IS SCHEDULED TO BE EXECUTED ON SEPT. 13 2011.
- Steven does not have computer or phone access and is kept in solitary confinement in the Polunsky unit 24 hours a day.
- All media visits must be approved by Steven’s attorney. For Inquiries contact: JUSTICEFORSTEVEWOODS@GMAIL.COM
- Contact Steven directly via mail at:
TDCJ POLUNSKY UNIT
3872 FM 350 SOUTH
LIVINGSTON, TX 77351