Copy of the original note ” Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of Jeremy Bamber.”
by Geoffrey Steven Kalina
We are today launching ‘Freedom Fortnight’ a two week campaign in which people supporting Jeremy’s miscarriage of justice have the opportunity to write directly to the Home Secretary and the DPP with serious concerns over Jeremy Bamber’s conviction. Details are below and in the two email attachments. You can also find details on the web site at http://www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk
Please tell as many people as you can to join the writing campaign, ask your Facebook friends, write to journalists and tweet as much as possible.
Jeremy’s case is still being reviewed by the CCRC and the deadline for submissions is currently 9th September.
What are the allegations?
There have been two police investigations into the handling of the Bamber case; one known as the Dickinson Enquiry in 1986 and another by the City of London Police in 1991. Documents newly discovered by the Defence show that both enquiries discovered the following:
· That two police officers had authorization to falsify their testimony in favour of the prosecution
· That the chain of evidence for the key exhibit of the sound moderator had not been maintained allowing paperwork for two moderators to be merged together to bolster the prosecution’s case
· That one of Jeremy’s relatives had lied about the whereabouts of his gun and moderator in order for the police to fabricate evidence.
· There had been collusion between the police and the relatives in the fabrication of evidence
· Statements had been edited without the knowledge of witness including that of a forensic scientist.
· That Essex police did not disclose logs from the scene which would have aided Jeremy’s Defence in giving him an alibi.
· The jury had directly asked the question Did the relatives have motive to give evidence against Jeremy?They were told the family had no motive and were wealthy in their own right. This was discovered to be untrue. The relatives owned very little land and assets. Unknowingly, Jeremy would have eventually inherited almost all of their own assets directly through both his father and mother.
· Assistant Chief Constable Simpson of Essex Police had been informed of the findings in both enquiries and had chosen not to act.
· As a result the Police Complaints Authority had also colluded to deceive the public to maintain trust in the police and ultimately by using Public Interest Immunity to ensure that many documents remained hidden from the Defence and public.
Why is it so important that I get involved?
The Police are public servants, your voice matters. Your opinion counts. Public money funds the police and also funds housing prisoners. Jeremy Bamber is being wrongly imprisoned at the cost of the tax payer. We have discovered that public servants have lied and covered up the truth to sustain his conviction.
What should I do to help?
We are asking that you send one letter to two people, that’s the price of two first class stamps. Please note that your correspondence will have a greater impact if you print off the allegation document and the letter and post it rather than send just an email. You can download the letter here and download he allegation document here. You don’t have to send the allegation document but you should use our letter. If you don’t want to use our letter, and you want to write your own you must include the following text (extract from point 14 of the letter) to make these departments act according to Law.
“The CPS state that Misconduct in Public Office has occurred if a public officer wilfully neglects to perform his duty and/or wilfully misconducts himself, to such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public’s trust in the office holder, without reasonable excuse or justification. We believe that Essex Police, the City of London Police and the Independent Police Complaints Authority (formerly the PCA) have abused our trust in them by allowing Jeremy Bamber to remain in prison a further 20 years after discovering that he was an innocent of all the charges he is currently imprisoned for.”
Where do I send my letter?
Rt Hon Theresa May MP
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF
Mr Kier Starmer QC
Director of Public Prosecutions
2 Southwark Bridge
Print this letter below out having inserted your name and address at the top and sign it at the bottom before posting it to the addresses above. Thank you for your support. Lets make a difference.
Re: R v Bamber (1986)
1. It has come to the attention of we, the people, that the evidence put forward at trial on behalf of the crown’s case was tainted.
2. We request that this relevant and factual account be considered by the IPCC, the Right Honourable M.P. Theresa May, Home Secretary, the DPP and the Right Honourable M.P. Kenneth Clarke, Minister for Justice.
3. We also request that it is dealt with as expeditiously as possible in view of the fact that Mr.Bamber has served 26 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.
4. Furthermore, we are fully aware that Mr.Bamber’s liberty need not have been denied any longer back in 1991, due to the City of London Police (COLP) enquiry putting Assistant Chief Constable (ACC) Peter Simpson on notice, that there were in fact 2 sound moderators found at White House Farm as stated in the substantive allegation enclosed.
5. We are also aware that that enquiry revealed to COLP the investigation in the first instance was corrupt and therefore tainted Mr.Bamber’s trial in 1986.
6. ACC Peter Simpson had a duty to disclose to the Defence team acting on behalf of Mr.Bamber that there were in fact two sound moderators.
7. Similarly, COLP had a duty to disclose this in any event.
8. COLP also had a duty to disclose the issue of motive by Mr. Bamber’s relatives as to why it was in their interests to have Mr.Bamber incarcerated for a murder he did not commit.
9. In denying their public duty, COLP intentionally caused Mr.Bamber to remain incarcerated for a further 20 years, when clearly the evidence adduced in 1991 would have proven at the time that Mr.Bamber’s trial in 1986, was in fact tainted.
10. We submit that the ACC Simpson’s omission to act was purposefully undertaken in order to cover up police corruption at the time of the original investigation.
11. We also assert that COLP manipulated evidence and colluded with Essex Police, back in 1991, further impugning the credibility of an innocent man.
12. We now know that the Police Complaints Authority which COLP represented was NOT independent as promoted in the same manner as the IPCC.
13. We, the people view our allegation seriously in view of the fact that Mr Bamber back in 1994 was served a whole life tariff. Moreover, we demand accountability of the ACC Peter Simpson as to his actions after being put on notice by the COLP enquiry. In
addition we demand the accountability of COLP who purported at that time to be acting independently of the police.
14. The CPS state that Misconduct in Public Office has occurred if a public officer wilfully neglects to perform his duty and/or wilfully misconducts himself, to such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public’s trust in the office holder, without reasonable excuse of justification. We believe that Essex Police, the City of London Police and the Independent Police Complaints Authority (formerly the PCA) have abused our trust in them by allowing Jeremy Bamber to remain in prison a further 20 years after discovering that he was an innocent of all the charges he is currently imprisoned for.
15. Therefore, we request a thorough and comprehensive enquiry by your department into this matter, as well as a reply as to how you intend to proceed with this allegation.
16. We, the people, request replies to ALL letters of this nature sent to your department.