Saudi Arabia beheads two

2 January 2012
RIYADH – Saudi Arabia beheaded two nationals on Monday in the eastern province of Al-Ahsa after convicting them of drug smuggling, the interior ministry said.

The pair, Mustafa bin Nuh al-Zain, and Anas bin Malik al-Duheim, were accused of establishing a drug-smuggling ring inside the kingdom and of trafficking in “large quantities” of drugs, the ministry said in a statement carried by the official Saudi news agency.

The beheadings are the first executions of 2012. According to an AFP count, the kingdom carried out 76 executions last year.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s